Tuesday, July 22, 2008

so much for being an adult

Here is a list of items I left at the Carwells' house in villa park, IL:

my cell phone charger
half the computer cord for my work laptop
running shoes

This morning in my kitchen, I lamented my absentmindedness to Mel, my roommate, who sympathetically said, "Well, that's beyond the point of being frustrating. It's just funny!"

Maybe so, maybe so. There does seem to be a "forgetfulness" gene in our family. My dad called me a year ago to ask me, "What's wrong with you kids?" My sister had left an iron plugged in, face down, on the hardwood floor of our living room. Now, we conceal the dark burn with a house plant.

A few weeks ago in church, I reached into my purse for my Bible, and instead pulled out the DVD remote. I have no idea how it got there.

In the sixth grade, I lost six pairs of shorts in one summer.

I must conclude that my genes have made me this way.

No comments: